Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Blast from the past

The lady who lives next to CJ's parents passed away a few weeks ago, I never spoke to her although she used to wave at me through the window when I used to pick CJ up. I think she was waving at me, maybe I was doing something wrong.

Her house was one of those time warp houses, all the fixtures, fittings and the decor was almost exactly how it was when it was a bustling family house all those years ago. She outlived her husband quite considerably. The house didnt include any of the modern gadgets we have to make our lives easier. I imagine that she liked what she had and knew how to use them, no matter that modern technology may have made her life much less difficult.

At the bottom of the garden was a very tall tree, towering above the house which was the Christmas tree her and her husband had from her very first Christmas in the house. She was a very frail lady who very rarely left the house, she had no need to as CJ's parents picked up her shopping for her and took it round once a week.

She only had one daughter, now elderly herself, who popped round to CJ's parents house just after the old lady passed away to thank them for their help.

She also said that they'd be putting the house on the market:

"...but dont worry, we wont sell it to any blacks"

It's a very sad world we live in.
|