Saturday, July 30, 2005

A day in the life...

Planning to leave at 12.00 for the two and a half hour journey to an interview I had at 3.00, I was cursing my habit of leaving everything to the last minute when at 11.55 I was still putting the finishing touches to the presentation I had to do.

12.00 came and I was ready though. A little bit rushed and a little bit unprepared, but that's par for the course with me and nothing I can't blag my way through.

Where's my bloody car keys?

Losing my car keys isn't normally an issue, I've lost them before but usually trace steps or something and find them within a few minutes.

At 12.15 I was getting a bit twitchy. They were nowhere to be seen, the house was relatively tidy so it didn't need a lot of turning upside down, but they were nowhere to be seen.

A quick call to Young Watski who was luckily in the area secured the loan of his car for the rest of the day. As one minor obstacle was surmounted another one appeared on the horizon in the shape of my suit jacket and the fact that it was looking at me from inside the car that I couldn't get into.

With no time change into my other suit, which would have been a problem anyway as it was at the dry cleaners - the smaller framed Watski Jnr stepped into the breach again.

Rushing down to the interview unprepared, with a tighter, not exactly the same colour jacket, in a car that wasn't mine. I was wondering, not for the first time, and probably not for the last, why I continually put myself in these positions.

And that's not the end of it....
|