Friday, October 22, 2004

Madness

The flies have now gone. Hurray!

But they've left a legacy. Boo!

One that I'm not entirely comfortable with either. In fact, it's a little disturbing if I'm honest.

I now think that I'm seeing flies where there are none. The merest thing catches my eye and my head will swivel round immediately in it's direction to see what it is. It's nothing. I've started telling nothing to "F**k off" and "Go away".

Or is it nothing?

Are the flies still there and playing tricks on me? Catching my eye then darting behind the door before I have time to focus.

And worryingly I've started doing it when I'm not in the house. When I'm caught doing it at work I have to put my hands above my head and pretend that I'm stretching. Fortunately I haven't swore though.

I think I've seen what's happening with me. There's a sinister similarity there that I recognise. I'm turning into a street bloke aren't I? The bearded masses that wander around city centres shouting expletives to no one in particular and waving their arms around. Driven to drink and losing everything.

They are the me of the future, they have suffered with the flies and been sent mad eventually.

It's a slippery slope. But I'm on my way.
|