Saturday, May 28, 2005

Cursed

I was batonned earlier this week by Rob, which didn't feel much like I thought a baton would feel like. I should be cheeky to police more often.

Anyway:

The total volume of music on my computer: I've just had to buy an external hard drive to accomodate it all - 45GB....and rising.

The last CD I bought was:

The Futureheads - but haven't got round to listening to it yet.

Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me, in no particular order. I don't really have 5 favourite songs but these are songs that I could listen to forever.

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows. Probably the greatest song ever written, by a man with so much stuff going on his head that we should be grateful for a little bit spilling out for us to listen to.

Moby - Go. Takes me back to the great times I had in the early 90's. It's a shame as I hate Moby, wish someone else would have made it.

The Kinks - Autumn Almanac. So much atmosphere in the song and is blessed with a great line: "This is my street, and I'm never gonna leave it and I'm always gonna stay, if I live to be ninety - nine, cos all the people I meet, seem to come from my street. And I cant get away - because it's calling me."

Shed Seven - Sensitive. Don't know why - just a great song. Can't even find a link to it.

The Doves - Sea Songs. A song to get lost in.

And now I feel bad because I didn't include:
Ian Dury - Hit me with your rhythm stick
Tweet - Boogie Tonight (Seamus Haji remix)
Sheila and B. Devotion - Spacer
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant
Billy Bragg - New England
Public Enemy - Shut 'em Down (Pe-et Rock remix)

and now I feel bad because I haven't included anything by The Smiths, The Cure and The Bluetones

I hate questions like this.

Which 5 people are you passing this baton to and why?

I'll curse Robin, Girl, Firsttimer, Mick and GrocerJack. Just cos.

If they're looking.
|