Friday, January 14, 2005

Temptation

"Would you like a nice chocolate biscuit" my boss said to me, offering me a choice of the full tin.

"Your use of the word 'nice' would imply that there are chocolate biscuits around that aren't nice. I don't believe I've ever come across that problem" I replied.

"Only I forgot I had them in my desk, they're from Christmas" She said, ignoring me and turning to the other people in my area.

"You don't understand the implications of me having one of those chocolate biscuits do you?" I said "Having one of those chocolate biscuits will bring my healthy eating regime crashing down around my ears and would thereby deny me the opportunity of looking down my nose at everyone and pontificating about how unhealthy you all are. And I can't allow that to happen"

She'd already walked away by this time. I was going to have one too.
|