Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Things that are....

...noisy.

Well I'm back from the 'City that never sleeps'. Thanks for all the comments on the 'fucktards' thread. Great word by the way. I'll have to use that sometime.

I can only presume that the person who christened New York as the 'City that never sleeps' actually meant to call it the 'City that can't sleep', as it's full of jetlagged Europeans twiddling their thumbs at 4am. But I guess that version wouldn't look as good in the guide books.

And if by some miracle you are lucky enough to be able to sleep at 4am then it wont be long before you're woken by bloody taxi drivers beeping their horns at all hours. Either this is the norm or I went the weekend of the New York taxi drivers sponsored beepathon.

It seems that the first instinct of all NY (see, I'm down with the lingo) taxi drivers, regardless of whatever obstruction may be confronting them is to go straight for the horn, rather than the usual brake, gear, indicator, etc of more civilised societies. No wonder the place is backed up all the time.

Fucktards.

I jumped so many times I nearly had to fit myself with rear view mirrors so I could see them creeping up on me.

The only solution that I can see is to make all potential New York taxi drivers sit in a room for 24 hours and have the sound of beeping horns played to them on repeat.

Or maybe we should just take them out. One by one. Here, I started already.




Must go now.

Need..

Sleep..
|