Saturday, January 15, 2005

Daddy Cool

Young Watski is going to be a Dad. He works. Which is good news. This bombshell means that I am going to be an Uncle, which also means that I'm going to have to get my act together and become all sensible and conscientious and adopt a socially responsible string to my bow. It also means that my Mummy Duck is going to be a Grandma and my Dad will be a Grandad. I'm sure you know the basics of the family structure so I'll save us all the trouble and stop there.

Him being a father is perhaps the scariest thing to contemplate since....well, since the contemplating that went off around the time that my Dad became a Dad for the first time in 1973 - I'm pretty glad I wasn't around when that happened. Oh hang on.

So as a consequence, Young Watski has done something that all of us would be driven to do having been given this news. He's started his own blog: First timers. Why don't you pop over, have a look and tell him that I sent you.

But don't forget to come back here.
|